About Me

My photo
Mason is now home (on Thursday September 22, 2011) and not accepting letters in Honduras anymore :)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mason's short letter -- April 18, 2011

Hey family,

Sorry I couldn't write this Saturday. The President decided to take us to a district conference in Santa Rosa, Copan. He wanted to do the interviews for the missionaries there, so we had to plan that all out on the spot because we were planning on making the trip in 2 weeks. But it went good. Santa Rosa is a way cool little city. It was founded by the Spaniards a long time ago, so it looks like a little European town I think. And it's nice and cool weather down there.

So that's awesome that Trevin and Allison had their baby! I wasn't expecting her to come this week. That's way cool that everything worked out fine.

This week was a lot better than last week. There were still some disobedience problems. On Tuesday we had the leadership training meeting. It went really good and I think we all taught well. President Veirs likes to throw me curve balls. In the training meeting all the sudden he started teaching one of the lessons that he had told me to prepare. I think he got confused and forgot which ones he had to teach. So I had to improvise and teach the lesson that President didn't teach. haha he always does stuff like that to keep me on my toes. It went well though.

On Thursday we went to La Lima. The area isn't doing too great right now. I decided to go after the zone meeting to an area that is really dead. Our goal is to have 5 progressing families in every area in the mission. This area said they didn't have a single family that they were teaching. So I went with them and I wanted to look just for families. At the end of the day we had found 6 really good families that were interested. A few of the families were of wives that were inactive members. We found them all while contacting. So that was really exciting and I hope they can keep working with them.

Well I hope you all have a good week and enjoy the new baby in the family.

Love Elder Mason Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment